The Almost-Free Homeschool Curriculum Sale continues through September! Get it now at Amazon!
Who doesn’t love pasta? If you’re like me, you get tired of the same ol’ white or red sauce options.This week I’m going to make a budget and kid friendly egg-based sauce that’s sooo yummy!
Saturday: One pot lo mein
Sunday: BLTs or leftovers, diner’s pick
Monday: Ham and cheese crepes with Parmesan broccoli
Tuesday: Green chili chicken enchilada casserole with cucumber salad
Wednesday: Pasta Carbonara (RECIPE BELOW) with roasted veg
Thursday: Biscuits and gravy with steamed broccoli
Friday: Hamburger stroganoff with sauteed veg
- 16 ounces pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese (the cheap powdered stuff works)
- 6 slices bacon or ham lunch meat (or pancetta if you're rich)
- 2 tb olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely minced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Cook your pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Dice the bacon or ham, and then cook it and the onions over medium high heat in the olive oil until the onion turn clear. Stir in the garlic.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese together. Stir in the reserved (still hot) pasta water.
- Mix the bacon and pasta together over medium heat. Stir in the egg mixture, tossing for about five minutes so the eggs heat through. Careful, you want to keep it as a sauce, not scramble them!
- Serve as is or stir in some fresh ground black pepper, yum!